Apr 27, 2011

Skatemechanic


 Sooo.. tonight we get to skate at the best floor ever. I am so looking forward to it! A gorgeous wooden polished sports floor. In honor of tonight I started pulling apart my skates and cleaning every single part last night. I even opened up the bearings which I thought I ruined by skating through filthy puddles outdoors, cleaned them in acetone, greased them with 5-56 (thank you Madeleine) and closed them back up.


Now they roll much better than they did before, but when spinning inbetween my fingers I do feel some internal damages. At least I think I do. So I'm gonna keep those for outdoors and will try a new set from the local sports shop in my indoors tonight. I still want to order some harder and narrower indoor wheels than I have now and then I'll get a proper set of bearings for those.

That's all for now!

Derby kisses,
Dutchess

1 comment: