Apr 17, 2011

Doing the Bergnäset

Today's training was great! We went through a bunch of new plays which we then gave new names so that an opposing team wont recognise what we're doing "oh! They're doing the waterfall, let's counter that by taking a hostage."

Towards the end of the training we did some limbo tackling which was fun and very usefull. Two girls skate down the track alongside a rope that's held up in the middle just over waste hight. Then the outside girl ducks underneath the rope and while she's in a low position she tackles the inside girl. We have such a huge range of tackle levels in our team.

I noticed that I don't update as much any more lately. I think that is mostly due to the fact that the period of initial progression is over. I do no longer just get better by attending and just spending time in skates. Progress has to be earned now and will be a lot slower than it was at first. Then it becomes less interesting to write something after every single training.

I got filmed this time BTW and I'll put some footage up as soon as I get it.

Derby kisses,
Dutchess

No comments:

Post a Comment