Jan 31, 2011

Derby party!

As some of you know, Slaughters Daughters are throwing a fundraiser party on the 19th of february at Magasin 3. Today after an awesome training that had jumping in it we had a meeting about what the party will entail. We finally have two bands and there will be quite some merchandising. We will even have a special Roller Derby drink. I am so much looking forward to it! The only downside to it is that we wont be able to do the on the spot photography. We were gonna use a polaroid camera to be able to take on the spot pictures with your favourite rollergirl, but the film to those camera's is just too damn expensive. If any of you have another cheap, free of hassle, ponsored idea, let me know!

I think that on yesterday's fall I actually hurt my right SI joint (where the spine joins the pelvis). The ligaments and muscles were a tad sensitive already due to the first big fall I had on it two weeks earlier, so now it's all just saying: "Stop! And play dead for a while! NAO!" I will try not to of course. As long as the bone isn't hurt you use it or lose it! I had to sit out on the situps and other stuff on the floor though. It was too painfull to move around on the floor. I'm sorry for this downer, but that's all part of Derby. I shouldn't really complain, in the mean time we have a girl sitting at home with a broken rib.

Contact me for tickets to the party (they're at the printer, i'll let you know when I have them) and come have a derby drink with your favo rollergirl! *glares*

Derby kisses,
Dutchess

4 comments: