Jan 23, 2011

My Derby back

So here I am after my third training. A week ago I was on quads for the first time since I was a child which resulted in me walking around with a very bad back for the entire week. I have to admit that falling on my ass and hurting my back was the best way to make sure that I do what everybody keeps telling me to do: BEND YOUR KNEES! Of course skating in a bent over position isn't something you can do for hours after you have just hurt your back, but it went ok today. I actually was on my way to fall on my ass again.. you know, arms flailing backwards, one foot off the floor in front of me, but I managed to throw my weight forward and turn it into a fall known as a "superman". You basically fall forward and slide a bit on the protection your are wearing: knee- and elbow pads and wrist protection.

Today's training brought some new and exciting exercises. A beginning of "the real shit" so to say, but I will talk more about those next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment