Jan 25, 2011

Oh yeah!

Now it's happening! Well, maybe not right now, but from now on.. starting on Thursday. My very own Derby skates and complete set of new pads and helmet have just arrived. I went for a different model than most beginners do because I wanted to have an aluminium plate in stead of a nylon one. And these ones have a leather boot as well. That's always nicer in the long run I think.



It's the Riedell Vixen, but mine were shipped with green wheels. The wheels that come with it are an allround wheel, which are supposed to be quite grippy. I think they might be a bit on the soft side, but I'll buy new wheels when the snow melts, then I can get an in- and outdoor set at the same time.

Ooooohhh, I can't wait to give them a spin on thursday and do some bootyblocking in them!

2 comments:

  1. Oh so these are special roller skates just for roller derby? You can't use regular ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can use which ever quad you want (two pairs of wheels in stead of inlines), but these leave the ankle free for riding low and other manouverability and the shoe is mounted lower over the wheels and the wheels are a bit wider than on normal quads. All for gaining more stability.

    ReplyDelete