Mar 17, 2011

Stockholm-Malmö

Lat weekend the teams from Stockholm and Malmö skated the first official bout in Sweden (congrats to Malmö). Or at least the first one with a full track officials- and ref team. Today I finally found the hole bout online and watched it. You know, when our Lady Lovelyblocks said that we can be beat either of them within the year, I thought she was just saying that to pep us up, but having seen the match and knowing how fast our team is progressing (50% of us have only been skating since two months) I think we actually can. The experienced part of our team is already at that level and we are working our asses of to catch up with them.

If we manage to get some bouts going, this will be a very very interesting year! Looking forward to it.

Derby kisses,
Dutchess

PS love our luleå team! No aspiring Italians! *hugs to all the Slaughters Daughters*

3 comments:

  1. Where did you find the bout? :) I agree with you, the newbies on the team are really catchig up quickly, and its great that all of you are able to to pack-practice, since we are so many now. Thats the hardest thing, I think, to stay on your feet and have control over your body and whats happening on the track at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooohoo! Go Malmö!! Hey if you Luleå plays Malmö and you are on the team, you just haaaave to tell me so that I can get a ticket!

    I actually knew about the Malmö-Stockholm match, it was mentioned in the Metro here down south, and I immediately thought about you. Apparently the event was sold out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Roadkill I tried to refind it, but I couldn't. I saw it on YouTube one part for each half and then a avslutnings part.

    @Moomin Of course I'll tell you, I expect the whole wow crowd to show up when we play there! :)

    ReplyDelete