Apr 5, 2011

Hip tackling

Last monday was a VERY fruitfull training!

Got more balance and skill on my skates by training more on 180 turns, skating backwards, doing backwards cross-overs and doing different snakes. In the end we did some pack training buy doing some jams with only using our hips and asses for tackling and blocking. The pack training was so giving! For the first time I had the feeling that I actually understood what was happening around me and could respond very effectively several times AND when it was my turn to jam I did not feel any of the fears I felt before.

Unfortunately the Valborg bout has been canceled, but another event is soon coming up!

Derby kisses,
Dutchess

2 comments:

  1. Hey! You can always come to Malmö at Valborg, were haveing a mixed bout with girls from the UK. //alotta riot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's SO nice of you! :)
    Unfortuntaley I can't really leave Luleå then since my mother will be visiting. But we definitely should get something organised. One bout up here and one down there? We have a very nice bout venue, wooden floor and lots of seating.

    Have fun at Valborg! I'll be thinking of you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete