Sep 7, 2012

Fast!

Last night the group trained "fast feet" and "fast feet" only, first 15 or so mins off skates to get a feel for the (new) speed ladder and then 75 mins on skates. Skaters, no matter how good they are can always get better at what ever skill you think of, but fast feet is a skill that is gravely ignored by many. My theory is simply because it's hard. Many things are hard, but fast feet is even harder. I myself used to ignore the skill because I hated it. I had millions of excuses ready to rationalize why I would never ever get fast feet, so it was no use to train it. The most used one simply being: "look at me, I am built to be strong, not to be fast!" LIES! Everybody can get fast(er) feet. ;)

The coolest thing that happened must be MADicken. We were talking at our league's USA-games-watching-party about this dreaded speed ladder. I had posted some vids to the rest of the board to explain what I meant and to get their ok to buy one and MADicken had either watched those or she knew speed ladders from before. She looked at me with a VERY serious expression and said: "you weren't thinking of that ON skates right?" Her eyes saying: "surely you don't want us to break our ankles?"

On the training she flew through the ladder like the wind! ON skates. :)

Hellsparx and Redhot Bitchslap


Trasher Smasher pirouetting around Scary Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment