Feb 21, 2011

The hip-whip-snake

Party has come and gone (was absolutely awesome!), danced most of the night on high heels, thought I was gonna have to pay for that with my knee the next day, but no. I am fully recovered. Yay! Well, still the tiniest hint of pain in my ribs, but those I don't have to skate on ;). Practiced all falls in pack formation today, even the double knee and the prostitute. Because of my ribs I stayed away from the barrel roll though, gonna give that at least one more week to fully heal.

Then we practiced some fast turns and running on toe-stops/fast starts as well. No real contact tonight. Well ok, a little in the snake with hip whips and the waitress whip. Really liked tonights training, lots of technical stuff. I kinda miss the contact, but so far I've gotten hurt every single time we did some contact excersizes. We have a lot of new girls (myself included) and it feels safer to take lots of technique first.

And.. there was talk of a bout around easter some time (insert excited puppy sounds here). I will of course keep you posted on the details as soon as I know them.

Derby kisses,
Dutchess

1 comment:

  1. Va trevligt att ditt knä har blivit bättre..

    ReplyDelete