Feb 17, 2011

Tk-tk-tk-tk-tk say my skates on LTU's tiles

Today was awesome! Who doesn't dream of being allowed to skate in their school? Well.. maybe there are many that don't dream of that, but I have when I was little and today I got to do that in full Derby outfit! Met some classmates and even a teacher... Yes... erm. Was interesting.

Rolling a lap through the university's lunchroom at lunchtime was also a fun experience. People looking up from their food going: WTF!?

Someone said: put a pair of skates on a girl and she starts to smile. But even guys respond very positively to girls on skates. I had so much fun riding up and down the tiled hallway (tk-tk-tk-tk), going low, pretending to charge in on people walking in my direction and everybody smiled at it and played with it. It was great! BadAss Babuska kept saying how I was beaming with joy and I really did have a lot of fun.

So excited for the fundraiser on Saturday! It's gonna be a blast! (call me if you don't have you ticket yet)

Derby kisses,
Dutchess

1 comment: