Aug 6, 2012

Back to freshmeat

A month ago I wasn't sure I would be able to start skating again, and I haven't tried since then, but in many other activities I can feel that the control and teamwork in my leg muscles (synergy) has improved.  A little over a month ago, I looked like this:


Now I don't know if you've seen me skate before jan '12 but I was doing pretty alright for someone who had just skated one year. Fluid movements, backwards crossovers, pirouettes, jumps it was all fine and I looked and felt confident.

Now that Badass is fresh meat coach I have my hands free to focus on my own progress and try to partake in the fresh meat program. Not sure what I'll do with the fall practices. The surgeon said everything is safe from about now (three months after spine surgery). I'm curious to see if I will pass the minimum skills test just before Christmas. As it is I can't even get up from the floor within three secs without skates, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment