Aug 8, 2012

So proud of my girls

Yes, MY girls. Oh and guy. Pappa Smurf was there last night and he worked just as hard as any of the girls!

We set goals for the team, both social goals, tactical goals and fitness goals. Last night was the first fitness training of the season so it was time to measure the start values for the fitness goals. To give the girls an endorphin kick I decided to after those tests keep going at high intensity and make them puke.

You know it's getting good when some of the better trained girls start dripping sweat from their noses into a nice little pool while in a plank or another girl sounds like she is about to cry, but keeps going, or when you can make Badass so angry she loves you: "why are YOU doing back raises, you DON'T have shoulder problems! YOU do the push-ups, NOW!"

I more than overshot my personal goals for the session:

1. get their start values registered in an adequate way (thank you Kaiser Geuze, our head NSO).
2. push the skaters to aim for high start values.
3. instill one of my basic principals in all the skaters: never quit, slow down if you have to, but never quit.
4. let the skaters go home feeling proud of themselves (and possibly each other).
5. let the skaters that aren't so training minded experience in what way high intensity training can be nice.

By the time I got home I was being drowned in messages of love and enthusiasm. What I loved most was that I got to see everybody push themselves. Nobody gave up. There are always lazy skaters in any league, but last night none of the girls were lazy. They all worked their pretty asses off! Well done girls!

Thank you LuleƄ Roller Derby, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment